- Master of Arts in Philosophy (one year)
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (two years)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy
The Department of Philosophy offers Master and Doctoral level education up to the standards of the best international institutions. The programs promote a scholarly attitude which combines historical and analytical approaches in philosophy.
The MA program offers an intensive study of all the major fields in philosophy, with the possibility of deeper acquaintance of a chosen field. The main objective of the PhD program is to train professionals who will be prepared to undertake academic careers, as researchers or university teachers.
Selected Areas of Research:
- Ancient and Early Modern philosophy
- Philosophy of language and logic
- Philosophy of mind and cognition
- Causation and free will
- Ethics and Metaethics
- Philosophy of social sciences
- Philosophical anthropology
- Philosophy of religion
- Political philosophy
- Theory of democracy
The Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of -- included, but not limited to -- race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.